Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a few more days in paradise

Valentines morning Mandy (on the left) surprised Joy and me with a wonderful breakfast made with love. She cooked us up some amazing heart shaped banana and Reese's pieces pancakes. We had a wonderful little picnic on our balcony. It was the perfect way to start off our V-day!!!
Thanks Mandy Moo!!!

That afternoon Mandy and I had the best Valentines ever!!! We ended up going to a nursing home to dance to with the old folks. It was so fun to see them get down on the dance floor. Some of those little old ladies still had a lot in them. I hope I still all that life in me when I am there age.

So I actually started to tackle the bike!!! In fact I am actually starting to get the hang of it. However, I am still getting my far share of scrimps and scrapes. The other day Joy and I were on a little ride and I ended up not turning fast enough and running into a bush. You wouldn't think a bush would do anything, but oh no this bush was quite firm and had some big fatty thorns. I ended up cutting up my leg pretty good. But don't you worry just a few days later I
bruised up my other leg to even it out. I was actually riding a bike with my roomie Steph. I was sitting with my legs out and she was peddling standing up. Unfortunately, another biker got a little too close and ended up running straight into my leg. That was pretty painful. Oh, the joys that come from riding a bike. You can't really see my scratches, but they're there.

Mandy, Joy, and I all decided to run and jump into the ocean one morning just for the heck of it. That's one of the perks of living so close to the beach.

Joy and I saved this little pooch from getting hit by a car. We wanted to adopt him and keep him, but he tried to find his owners instead. Turns out we put him in the wrong yard, but I when we went back to check on him they had found his family. If I were ever to get a little dog I would get a little Yorkie like this guy. Isn't he so cute?

Joy and I make the biggest, baddest burgers of all times!!! And don't forget about the home-made fries and fry sauce. The flies were everywhere... hence Joy's hand swooshing them away in the picture.

Look at the burger!!! I have to say it was the best burger I have ever had. Joy and I sure did get down and dirty eating those things, but man were they dang good!!!

PS- Everyone I got a JOB!!! Stay tuned... to find out more.

3 comments:

  1. Dancing with the old folks, that's an awesome idea!

    P.S. Jess that cute from the bike.... WIMP! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know... they make buns for those things!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a good time you look like you are having in HAWAII!!! jealous... YES!! i should come. wish i had the money for it. how long you staying??? love my sister and stay away from the Junior High..... you know.

    ReplyDelete